May 1, 2008
Volume 4, Number 27
More than 60 items of merchandise using the
"Ride with Pride" theme now available online at www.cafepress.com/
On Tap at Northwestern
* April 29-May 2, Final Exams
* May 1-2, Tri-State Music Festival, Enid
* May 2, Nursing Pinning Ceremony, Herod Hall Auditorium, 6 p.m., reception following in Student Center Ballroom
* May 2-3, Sooner Athletic Conference Softball Tournament, Hall of Fame Stadium, Oklahoma City, TBA
* May 3, Graduation at Ranger Field, 10:30 a.m. (in case of inclement weather, ceremonies will be in Percefull Fieldhouse), reception following in Student Center Ballroom
* May 6-23, NWOSU Interim Session
* May 26, Memorial Day observed, offices closed, no classes
* June 2, Eight week and first four-week summer classes begin
* June 3, Last day to ADD first four-week classes, and last day for 100 percent refund for dropping first four-week classes
* June 5, Last day to ADD eight week classes and last day for 100 percent refund for dropping eight week classes
* June 12, Written Comprehensive Exams for Graduate Students, 1 p.m., EC109
* June 23, Last day for withdrawal from first four-week classes
* June 26, Final exams for first four week classes
* June 30, Second four week classes begin
* July 1, Last day to ADD second four week classes and last day for 100 percent refund for dropping second four week classes
* July 3, Holiday, no classes
* July 28, Final exams for eight week classes and last four week classes
* July 29, Grades due in Registrar's Office by 5 p.m.
Please submit news articles via e-mail to University Relations personnel:
Steve Valencia,Valarie Case, Lois Hudgins or Chesnei Zehr.
"On the Record @ Northwestern" is created by the
University Relations Office to help keep the Northwestern family aware
of whatís happening on our campuses.
April 30, 2008
Fifteen Northwestern Oklahoma State University nursing graduates will receive their traditional pins in a ceremony at 6 p.m., Friday, in Herod Hall Auditorium. Read more...
April 22, 2008
Adair Brown, a Denver businessman and 1970 graduate, will deliver the commencement address. He was named an Outstanding Graduate in 1995. Music will be provided by the Ranger symphonic band under the direction of Dr. Kathryn Lindberg.
One-hundred, ninety-two students are candidates to receive bachelorís degrees, 22 will receive master of education degrees and 19 will receive master of counseling psychology degrees. Graduates completing their studies in May 2008 and July 2008 are eligible to participate.
Twenty-three of those receiving bachelorís degrees will graduate with honors. Students with cumulative grade point averages between 3.70 and 3.79 are designated cum laude, those with GPAs between 3.80-3.89 are magna cum laude and those above 3.90 are summa cum laude.
Those honor graduates, their degrees and their hometowns are as follows: Read more...
April 28, 2008
to deliver commencement address Saturday
A distinguished graduate from the class of 1970 and a successful entrepreneur and businessman will deliver the keynote address to graduates at Northwestern Oklahoma State Universityís 109th Spring Commencement ceremony.
Adair Brown, founder of the Adair Group, Inc., a Denver-based construction company, will speak to graduates during the ceremony that begins at 10:30 a.m., on Saturday, May 3, at Ranger Field. More than 230 graduates are expected to receive bachelor or masters degrees. Read more...
Phillips to step down as head baseball coach
Northwestern Oklahoma State University head baseball coach and assistant athletic director Joe Phillips will leave those positions at the end of the school year, but will remain with the institution as an instructor. Read more...
April 30, 2008
Dr. Sylvia Rayfield, an internationally known nursing education consultant, will be at Northwestern Oklahoma State University Monday and Tuesday. She will meet with faculty members to discuss test item writing and teaching strategies.
Dr. Carole McKenzie, chair of the Division of Nursing, said deans and directors of nursing schools throughout the state have been invited to attend. Read more...
April 30, 2008
Four former staff members and the Northwestern News itself received recognition at the annual Oklahoma Collegiate Press Association (OCPA) awards ceremony and conference.
The student-run newspaper received highest recognition, the Award of Excellence, for front page design, and the Award of Merit, the second highest award, for inside page design. Read more...
April 29, 2008
Kim Bruce, coordinator of the Ketterman Clinical Skills Lab at Northwestern Oklahoma State University-Enid, has been appointed by the National League for Nursing (NLN) to serve as an NLN Ambassador. As a participant in the program, Bruce will help keep faculty and administration informed about the NLNís initiatives, grant opportunities, conferences, publications, workshops and other benefits available to NLN members. Read more...
April 29, 2008
Northwestern Oklahoma State Universityís Lambda Omega chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi (KKP) wrapped up its activities for the school year by electing officers for 2008-2009. KKP is a national fraternal organization that promotes the advancement of college and university bands.
April 30, 2008
Cardinal Key Honor Society at Northwestern Oklahoma State University recently initiated 11 new members. Read more...
On the Record @ Northwestern consists of press releases and photographs generated and issued to media outlets on- and off-campus by the University Relations Office, as well as other information provided by university employees and students, as a service to the Northwestern community, its friends and supporters.
Return to Newsletter Archives
Northwestern Oklahoma State University
Steve Valencia, Director
Office of University Relations
709 Oklahoma Blvd., Alva, OK 73717
Phone: (580) 327-8478 Fax: (580) 327-8660
Copyright © 2003-2008
Northwestern Oklahoma State University.
All Rights Reserved.